At Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital, we remain vigilant of our mission to deliver the most high-quality experience for our patients, visitors and staff. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 crisis and taking proactive steps to minimize risk factors for all those who enter our doors.
- One visitor is allowed per patient PER DAY for surgery patients only. The visitor will be required to wear a mask at all times and must remain in the hospital lobby pending post-surgical consultation. The visitor will be allowed to visit the patient once he/she is situated in the hospital room and may remain until visiting hours end at 8:30 p.m.;
- For subsequent days, one visitor per day per surgery patient remains in effect;
- Drivers will be asked to wait in their vehicle for pain management, radiology and lab patients;
- Trained medical professionals will be posted at our hospital and radiology entrances to conduct appropriate screening for flu and COVID-19 symptoms, recent travel practices and personal contact of those seeking entrance to the hospital;
- We will continue to comply with The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) travel-related quarantine guidelines including mandated quarantine for international, domestic and cruise-related travel;
- Children age 12 and under will not be allowed entrance;
- We will perform a temporal forehead scan to ensure that individuals with a fever will be asked to depart and seek medical consultation;
- We will be in continuous consultation with key medical staff including an infectious disease physician;
- We will be using EPA-approved disinfectant against emerging pathogens such as COVID-19.
We continue to comply with guidelines and recommendations by the State of Kansas and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While our day-to-day processes have been designed to maintain a sterile environment, we are reviewing additional precautions to address the current crisis.
We ask for your patience and your compliance as we seek to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients, visitors and staff. For additional information and updates on COVID-19, please refer to the Sedgwick County Health Department, Kansas Department of Health & Environment and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention websites.