At Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital, we remain vigilant of our mission to deliver the most high-quality experience for our patients, visitors and staff. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 crisis and taking proactive steps to minimize risk factors for all those who enter our doors.
- For surgery patients only, two visitors are allowed per patient PER DAY. The visitors will be required to wear a mask at all times and must remain in the hospital lobby pending post-surgical consultation. The visitors will be allowed to visit the patient once he/she is situated in the hospital room and may remain until visiting hours end at 8:30 p.m.;
- For subsequent days following surgery, two visitors per day per surgery patient remains in effect;
- For pain management patients, drivers will be asked to wait in their vehicle;
- For radiology and lab patients, one visitor/driver is allowed in the waiting room;
- We will continue to comply with The Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) travel-related quarantine guidelines including mandated quarantine for international, domestic and cruise-related travel;
- Children age 12 and under will not be allowed entrance;
- We will be in continuous consultation with key medical staff including an infectious disease physician;
- We will be using EPA-approved disinfectant against emerging pathogens such as COVID-19.
Updates regarding our Mosaic Grill dining:
- The Mosaic Grill self-service station has been reopened;
- Outside visitors may place to-go orders from the Mosaic Grill.
We continue to comply with guidelines and recommendations by the State of Kansas and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. While our day-to-day processes have been designed to maintain a sterile environment, we are reviewing additional precautions to address the current crisis.
We ask for your patience and your compliance as we seek to maintain the safest environment possible for our patients, visitors and staff. For additional information and updates on COVID-19, please refer to the Sedgwick County Health Department, Kansas Department of Health & Environment and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention websites.