We at Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital strive to serve you in an effective and efficient manner. We know that financial concerns can add to the stress of any medical need. The following information aims to inform and assist you in paying for your care.
For questions, please contact our Business Office during our business hours, which are Monday-Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, by calling 316-462-5363.
For basic price estimates, please refer to our Price Transparency section which includes our Price Estimator Tool. Please note that those tools are available to provide a basic estimate for out-of-pocket expenses and do not reflect the actual price that most patients pay.
For a personalized cost estimate, please contact our Business Office.
As you consider your treatment options and associated costs, we recommend the following steps:
- For insured patients, please contact your health insurance company to understand what is included in your benefit plan and what your out-of-pocket responsibility is. For example, before arriving for services, contact your health insurance provider to determine if the services are covered under your plan, what your deductible and your estimated out-of-pocket costs.
- For surgery patients, please ask your surgeon’s office to contact our Business Office with the details of your surgery. Due to the personalized nature of each patient’s treatment plan, we will require specific information to be able to provide the most accurate price quote.
- When contacting our Business Office for a price estimate, please have the following information ready so we may provide you with the most accurate and timely estimate. When requesting an estimate, we ask that you allow adequate time for us to contact your physician and/or insurance provider so we may gather accurate information about your treatment, the costs associated with it, and the provisions of your insurance plan.
- Patient’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Insurance provider
- Insurance member ID
- Insurance phone number
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) code(s) – Your surgeon can provide you with this information.
- Detailed description of what your physician is ordering – It is helpful if you have the physician’s actual order for the service.)
If insured, clarify if you would like to have an estimate of your actual out-of-pocket cost. (Allowable Insurance Amount minus your Deductible and/or Co-Insurance.)
Paying for Your Care
Our Business Office is available to assist with any questions regarding your account and payment arrangements. You may also visit our Payment Policy page for more information.
After all insurance has been paid on an account, Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital expects payment in full within 30 days from the first billing statement. If you are unable to make payment in full, you must call the Business Office at 316-462-5363 to visit about payment arrangements.
All payment plans must be completed within a 6-month period from the first billing date.
Payment Arrangements – Recommended Payment Schedule
$000.01 – $300.00 Minimum $50.00 per month
$301.00 – $600.00 $100.00 monthly
$601.00 – $1000.00 $167.00 monthly
$1001.00 – $2000.00 $333.00 monthly
$2001.00 – Or greater Determined thru review with Patient Accounts.
We accept cash, personal checks or money orders. You may also pay by American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa. Please be aware that our return check fee is $50.00, (subject to change).
Accounts that have not been paid in full within 60 days of your first statement will be considered delinquent and will be reviewed for collection action, unless you have made adequate payment arrangements with the Kansas Spine & Specialty Hospital Business Office. Accounts placed with the collection agency will be charged collection fees including but not limited to agency fees, attorney fees and court cost.
For your convenience, you may pay your bill online:
For information on our payment policy and terms for self-pay patients, please visit our Payment Policy page or contact our Business Office.