Full Time, Days, M-F 8:30AM-5:00PM
Schedules as well as admits and registers patients to the Clinic. Ensures excellent Patient Service, for patients and families, physicians and staff, and visitors. Upholds the mission statement and expectations of the facility.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Performs admission of patients by completing all fields as required in an accurate and timely manner.
- Verifies physician orders, patient information, insurance information and obtains any additional needed information at the time of admission.
- Performs pre-registration of patients by completing all fields as required in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains access to and competent in using the internet to verify insurance eligibility and authorization information.
- Creates patient visit in Registration from scheduled visit by entering all detail information in a timely manner.
- Collects, at time of admission, patient liabilities, and assists with calls to patient to negotiate and collect point of service payments.
- Scans documents as required to the system ensuring correct placement and assignment of the documents.
- Verifies all required information is signed and scanned at the time of admissions.
- Provides exemplary customer service by immediately greeting patient with courteous smile, introducing self and providing a quick, proficient and accurate registration.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively and professionally with all co-workers, management, patients, visitors, physicians and others. Demonstrates work as a team player.
- Cross-trains (as needed) to proficiency in Patient Accounts. Fills in as needed for breaks, illness and vacations or coverage of shifts.
- Documents concisely, precisely and accurately in the system and on records, patient account notes or documents for every patient contact.
- Answers incoming phone calls and direct to the appropriate destination.
- Abides by all HIPAA policies and requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Clinic.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Clinic.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager informed of applicable day-to-day situations.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Candidate must be able to read and speak English fluently, have cognitive skills for math, reading computer skills, communication skills to deal well with the public as well as peers. Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium and high pitch sounds. Minimal up and down activity may be possible. Job risks include: Exposure to computer for 6-7 hours per day with typing activities, lifting of 20-30 pounds maximum.
High School diploma or equivalent required. Two years previous experience with scheduling. Computer skills, basic office skills, knowledge of medical terminology required.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com.