Full Time, Days, M-F
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs delegated tasks and procedures of patient care, involving the physical, psychological, social, emotional, safety and security needs of the patient.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Greets, assists, and/or redirects patients, physicians, employees and the general public.
- Obtains and records vital signs, measures and records intake and output information.
- Explains care to be performed to patient and family.
- Documents care given to patients utilizing the electronic medical record.
- Performs blood sugar checks using the glucometer as needed.
- Communicates unusual or emergent situation to the RN in a timely manner.
- Assists patient with activity and positioning.
- Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Discharges pain patients.
- Cleans equipment between patients.
- Attentive to patient and physician’s needs.
- Assists physicians with diagnostic procedures; tests and treatments.
- Assists with patient telephone calls such as referrals, injection/infusion line, nursing voicemails, etc.
- Assists with the Urine Drug Screening process, including applicable education and training, to oversee patients.
- As required, complete annual KDHE radiology credits to maintain ability to assist in the pain center procedure room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Exhibits warmth and helpful manner to patients, staff, and physicians.
Qualifications & Requirements
Requires: Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) diploma, radiology certification preferred.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
The employee works in a temperature controlled environment. Employees should be able to lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting technique several times during their shift. Employees may transport patients via cart or wheelchair using a push/pull force of 30 lbs as much as 20 times per day. Bending, stooping, and reaching as much as 200 times per day. There is a potential for contact with chemicals, blood borne pathogens, and exposure to infectious disease. Must be able to see, read and write.
One-year RMA experience in an acute care facility or with acute care patients.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com.