Full Time, Days, M-F
Provides for assistance of the physician during the surgical case, including gathering and preparing supplies/equipment for case. Ensures aseptic and sterile technique throughout procedure. Maintains cleanliness of room for turnover between cases, pulls instruments with damaged or improper function, and notifies OR Manager of needed replacement/repair. Is accountable for all sterile field counts prior to, during, and after closing of surgery.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Gathers and prepares supplies/equipment for surgical cases.
- Assists in maintaining a clean and safe environment according to Surgical Standards.
- Diligently monitors and reports any suspected break in aseptic technique.
- Assists the physician with surgical cases under the direct supervision of the Circulating Registered Nurse.
- Is responsible for accurate pre and post surgery counts of items within sterile field (sponges, peanuts, needles, blades, cautery, cottonoids, injectables, instruments, implants, and any other product used during surgery).
- Maintains current and accurate knowledge of all used items within sterile field at all times during surgery.
- Assists Purchasing and OR Manager in maintaining adequate level of supplies and instruments for use by the hospital.
- Adheres to established hospital safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Restocks supplies/equipment in OR, sterile supply, etc.
- Participates on committees and contributes to quality improvement process.
- Ensures the OR is set up appropriately for each case, including using the surgeon preference card to review the supplies pulled for each case, for the next day.
- Actively participates in the Quality Improvement program and other ongoing risk management and safety programs as part of the O.R. team.
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional surgery center environment.
- Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of day to day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
Requires Licensure and Certification: High School Diploma or equivalent. Certified Surgical Scrub Technologist preferred. BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) required.
Experience required: Completion of surgical Scrub training at approved training facility or equivalent experience. One year experience as Surgical Technologist in hospital operating room.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.