PRN, Days, M-F
Assesses, plans, implements and coordinates care for the patient in the pre-operative, special procedure and post anesthesia care units.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Prepares pre-operatively for patient admission according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of drug usage, their actions and side effects, interaction with anesthesia agents and expected patient outcomes.
- Recognizes emergency situation, responds quickly and efficiently following policy and procedure, ACLS, physician orders or emergency plan to prevent adverse patient outcomes.
- Maintains knowledge and adheres to policies/procedure, care standards for Pre-operative care.
- Ensures patient meets admit requirements before patient goes for surgery or for procedures.
- Provides verbal instructions to family or responsible party during pre-operative period about the whole surgical experience.
- Provides care to post-surgical patients in the PACU according to policy and procedure and care standards.
- Maintains knowledge of medications, expected patient outcomes post surgery/recovery, and anticipated complications.
- Provides verbal and written instructions to family or responsible party for home care including emergency contact numbers, general instructions, and physician specific instructions.
- Documents that assessments, interventions and patient outcomes are performed according to policy and procedure and hospital standards.
- Restocks supplies/equipment in assigned work area to maintain adequate levels for patient care.
- Checks medications for expiration dates.
- Rotates supplies/medications so that outdates are at a minimum.
- Floats to Pre-op/PACU/pain management as needed.
- Demonstrates continued competence in assessing, treating, and caring for individuals based upon age-specific needs utilizing a developmental perspective.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Performs appropriate nursing duties during procedures that pertain to pain management using current nursing standards as well as hospital standards.
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of accurate and up to date information in accordance with established standards.
- Adheres to established hospital safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Demonstrates the importance of continuing education to the performance of hospital responsibilities and growth in profession.
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care.
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional hospital environment.
- Participates on committees and contributes to quality improvement process.
- Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of day-to-day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
One year RN experience in PACU, Emergency or ICU. One year pre-operative experience in surgery center or hospital setting preferred. Associate’s degree from an accredited two-year college or university, or diploma in nursing. Possession of valid state license as Registered Nurse in state of Kansas. Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) required. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification required within 60 days of hire.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to email@example.com.