Full Time, Days
Responsible for the provision of professional nursing care to patients, including assessment, direct physical care, evaluation, teaching and counseling.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates the ability to assess and evaluate data including:
- Systematic and ongoing assessment based on patient/family diagnoses/problem list;
- Diagnostic tests results and other clinical information;
- Response to medical and/or nursing care/treatment;
- Behavioral responses;
- Developmental needs;
- Cultural responses/needs;
- Educational needs.
- Recognizes and reports changes in patient condition.
- Demonstrates patient/family focus in the provision of care, adhering to standards.
- Ensures delegated nursing care for patients/families is provided according to plans developed by treatment team and within the confines of the applicable practice acts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of day-to-day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
Associate’s degree from an accredited two-year college or university, or diploma in nursing. BSN desired. Possession of valid state license as Registered Nurse in state of Kansas. Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) required. ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) certification required within 60 days of hire.
One year RN experience in an acute care facility or with acute care patients required. Ortho, neuro or critical care RN experience preferred.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.