Full Time, Days, 5am-1:30pm
Acts as front lobby receptionist. Greets and welcomes all visitors to the Hospital. Ensures excellent patient service for patients and families, physicians and staff, and visitors.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Greets all patients and families, physicians and staff in a courteous manner, and assists as needed.
- Explains registration and patient care process to patient and family members in a clear, concise and professional manner.
- Answers incoming phone calls and direct to appropriate destination.
- Creates patient visit in Registration from scheduled visit by entering all detail information available in a timely manner.
- Scans documents as required to the system ensuring correct placement and assignment of the documents.
- Fill in as needed for breaks, illness and vacations.
- Documents concisely, precisely and accurately in the system and on records, patient account notes or documents for every patient contact.
- Provides exemplary customer service by immediately greeting patient with courteous smile, introducing self and providing a quick, proficient and accurate registration.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively and professionally with all co-workers, management, patients, visitors, physicians and others. Demonstrates work as a team player.
- Adheres to all HIPAA policies and requirements.
- Assists Business Office Manager with reports or other projects as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of applicable day-to-day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
High School diploma or equivalent.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Candidate must be able to read and speak English fluently, have cognitive skills for math, reading computer skills, communication skills to deal well with the public as well as peers. Vision for near, mid-range, far and accommodation. Hearing for low, medium and high pitch sounds. Minimal up and down activity may be possible. Job risks include: Exposure to computer for 6-7 hours per day with typing activities, lifting of 20-30 pounds maximum.
One year customer service experience or reception experience required. Computer skills, basic office skills, knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.