Full Time, Days, M-F 8 hour shifts (may start from 6:45am to 10am)
Performs x-ray duties including processing, C-Arm, routine and portable x-rays.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Monitors OR schedule to ascertain when radiology and what type of radiological services will be needed for next day surgery. Notifies OR Manager of any conflicts or problems, if possible before they arise.
- Checks x-ray equipment to ensure it is in proper working order according to manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Ensures correct performance of radiology services including patient and staff safety.
- Responsible for all control process for radiology for Risk Management and safety.
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competence of designated skills identified for position.
- Adheres to established surgery safety requirements and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe situation.
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and continuity of care.
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional radiology and surgery center environment.
- Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of day to day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
Current certification for A.R.R.T. and LRT for the state of Kansas required. BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification required.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Job requires physical ability for long term standing, frequent walking, reaching with reaching above head and below waist, and occasional sitting, crouching, kneeling. Job risk includes high exposure to blood and body fluids, contact with laser and chemicals, exposure to infectious disease and lifting of up to 50 pounds. Candidate must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, have cognitive skills for math, reading, filing and sterile technique skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and interact appropriately with employees, patients, families and physicians. Must have near, mid-range, and far vision and hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
At least one (1) year operating room radiology experience.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.