Restores post-surgical patient function, alleviates pain, and prevents disabilities by planning and administering medically prescribed occupational therapy.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Conducts thorough and precise assessment of patient condition, functional abilities, homebound status, and environmental factors.
- Provides care in accordance with physician orders, patient condition, accepted standards of practice, and KSSH policies, procedures, and processes.
- Evaluates effects of occupational therapy treatments via observation, notation and evaluation of patient progress; recommends adjustments and modifications.
- Recognizes and reports changes inpatient condition.
- Makes appropriate recommendations for necessary equipment, home modifications, and referrals to PT facilities and other therapies as indicated.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, and other health care workers.
- Instructs patient, family and or/caregiver in all aspects of patient care.
- Documents assessments, treatments, re-evaluations, and patient responses to treatment per hospital policies and procedures.
- Ensures delegated patient care for patients/families is provided according to plans developed by treatment team and within the confines of the applicable practice acts.
- Demonstrates patient/family focus in the provision of care, adhering to standards.
- Collaborates with care providers in meeting patient care needs.
- Supports effective communication through utilizing systems that enable opportunities for input regarding patient care issues.
- Participates regularly in educational activities related to practice. Collaborates with mentor to identify learning needs and seeks experiences to develop clinical skills.
- Develops a clinical knowledge base for populations served that is age appropriate, culturally specific and diagnosis appropriate.
- Contributes to the establishments of an ethical environment that supports the rights of all participants.
- Participates in resolving ethical problems or dilemmas of individuals or systems.
- Provides advocacy, protection and support for patient rights, family involvement and patient/family decision-making.
- Remains calm and functions as a team member during times of stress and crisis situations.
- Seeks involvement in activities that promote professional growth and behavior.
- Actively participates on appropriate committees and QA/PI activities.
- Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of day to day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
Masters of Occupational Therapy or Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree from accredited program. Possession of valid state license as Occupational Therapist in the state of Kansas. Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
The employee works in a temperature controlled environment. Employees should be able to lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting technique several times during their shift. Job requires physical ability for long-term standing, occasional sitting, crouching, kneeling, frequent walking, reaching with reaching above head and below waist. Job risks include exposure to blood and body fluids (high), contact with chemicals, and exposure to infectious disease. Candidate must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, and possess communication skills to deal well with employees, patients, families and physicians. Candidate must have cognitive skills for math, reading, filing and sterile technique skills. Vision for near, far & mid-range, accommodation. Hearing for low, medium, and high pitch.
One year Occupational Therapist experience required. Ortho, neuro experience preferred.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.