PRN, Days, M & F 12:30-4:30pm
Performs laboratory tests and procedures to meet the needs of patients as ordered by the medical staff. Keeps appropriate individuals apprised of any abnormal test results in a timely manner. Provides tests and procedures in the areas of Biochemistry, Blood Bank, Hematology, Microbiology, Serology and Coagulation, and Urinalysis.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Performs tests and procedures as ordered by the medical staff.
- Organizes daily work schedule and schedules tests according to date requested, type of test, sequence in series and other factors.
- Gives priority to STAT orders.
- Draws blood, identifies, labels, and stores specimens properly.
- Sets up and adjusts equipment and apparatus, prepares reagents, indicator solutions, culture media, stains, etc and assembles other supplies, materials, and equipment needed for procedures.
- Ensures that all equipment, instruments are calibrated regularly, sterilized as required, and checked prior to use for proper functioning and cleanliness.
- Uses established laboratory techniques.
- Follows hospital and departmental safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Reports test results to physicians, charts results on patient’s medical chart and reports abnormal findings to supervisor.
- Answers telephones, takes and delivers messages.
- Takes call.
- Checks inventory and orders supplies and equipment to maintain adequate inventory.
- Charges for tests and procedures.
- Cleans area and equipment, appliances, instruments according to established procedures.
- Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Manager apprised of day to day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology; or equivalent combination of education and experience. ASCP – American Society of Clinical Pathology – registration or CLS – Clinical Laboratory Science preferred.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
The employee works in a temperature controlled environment. There is a potential for contact with chemicals, blood borne pathogens, and exposure to infectious disease. Employees should be able to lift 30 pounds using proper lifting technique several times during their shift. Employee sits or stands most of the work day.
Two years experience as Medical Technologist.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.