Full Time, Days
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs delegated tasks and procedures of patient care, involving the physical, psychological, social, emotional, safety and security needs of the patient.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Obtains and records vital signs, measures and records intake and output information.
- Explains care to be performed to patient and family.
- Responds to patient and family calls in a timely manner (within 5 min).
- Documents care given to patients utilizing the electronic medical record.
- Performs blood sugar checks using the glucometer.
- Assists patients with rising, sitting, standing and walking.
- Communicates unusual or emergent situation to the RN in a timely manner.
- Assists in turning patients.
- Orders and stocks supplies.
- Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Transfers patient from PACU to inpatient room.
- Discharges pain patients.
- Assists patient and families/visitors to Pre-Op.
- Assists in maintaining SCDs, CPM, pillows, orthopedic beds to Pre and Post-Op.
- Cleans equipment between patients.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps Nurse Manager apprised of day to day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. Current Nurse Assistant certification in good standing within the State of Kansas. Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) required.
One year CNA experience in an acute care facility or with acute care patients. Prefer ortho, neuro or critical care experience.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.