Full Time, Days
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, performs delegated tasks and procedures of patient care, involving the physical, psychological, social, emotional, safety and security needs of the patient.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Greets, assists, and/or redirects patients, physicians, employees and the general public.
- Performs delegated direct patient care including partial and complete bed baths, provides and or performs/assists with oral hygiene, shampooing, shaving, eye care, and positioning.
- Maintains bed and room in a clean, neat, and comfortable manner, removing supplies and equipment not in use.
- Obtains and records vital signs, measures and records intake and output information, collects required specimens, care of drainage tubes, catheter care, peri-care, post-operative care, isolation precautions, patient transfers, and other procedures as needed.
- Explains care to be performed to patient and family.
- Responds to patient and family calls in a timely manner (within 5 min).
- Documents care given to patients utilizing the electronic medical record.
- Performs blood sugar checks using the glucometer.
- Orders and stocks supplies.
- Communicates unusual or emergent situation to the RN in a timely manner.
- Actively protects patient and self by following OSHA and other standards reviewed in annual training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Actively supports and upholds the mission and core values of the Hospital.
- Remains knowledgeable of and follows the policies of the Hospital.
- Maintains patient and hospital confidentiality at all times.
- Keeps CNO and Charge Nurse apprised of day to day situations.
Qualifications & Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent. Current Nurse Assistant certification in good standing within the State of Kansas. Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) required.
Environmental & Physical Requirements
The employee works in a temperature controlled environment. Employees should be able to lift up to 50 pounds using proper lifting technique several times during their shift. Employees may transport patients via cart or wheelchair using a push/pull force of 30 lbs as much as 20 times per day. Bending, stooping, and reaching as much as 200 times per day. There is a potential for contact with chemicals, blood borne pathogens, and exposure to infectious disease. Must be able to see, read and write.
One year CNA experience in an acute care facility or with acute care patients. Prefer ortho, neuro or critical care experience.
KSSH provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other protected category as required by state and federal law.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.